Hotel And Leisure
Tourism, hospitality and leisure is one of the most valuable industries to our economy in Northern Ireland, but increasing economic pressure in recent months and years has presented the sector with particular challenges.
Volatile room and occupancy rates have resulted in less predictable revenue and profits, posing considerable difficulties for local businesses, while increases in labour costs and the pressure to reduce operational expenditure have further complicated matters.
For operators of hotel and other hospitality businesses seeking capital for expansion and investment, traditional finance is not the only option, and they must also be aware of alternative taxation and real estate strategies. We assist our clients in this sector with negotiating processes, acting for hotels, bars, restaurants and sports clubs, and also provide general auditing, book-keeping, accounts preparation and tax compliance advice along with the following specialised services:
- Grant assessment and application support
- Regulatory reviews for clubs and societies
- Tax planning advice – both company and personal-related (including succession planning)
- VAT issues
- Review of internal systems and controls including computerisation and software installation and support
- Advice on sales and purchases of businesses by both asset or share acquisition
- Advice on payroll matters